Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Our New Addition!

After 18 hours of labor, Jonathan Edward Schaefer made his entrance into the world at 11:28pm on July 6th. It is now almost three weeks later and I cannot believe how the time has flown! For a while there I had no concept of day or night! I saw 2am as often as I saw 2pm. But he is here and he is healthy! All that neurology stuff created some lively debate among the doctors but the final result was "Take your kid home and enjoy him. He is perfectly normal!" Unfortunately, while they were discovering this, Jonathan had to stay in the NICU on another floor which meant for the first 24 hours, I had to drag myself into a wheelchair, travel upstairs, and scrub up every two or three hours to nurse him! That was not fun.





In Mom's room, in her arms, FINALLY!









Chris has been a wonderful Dad and Jonathan responded to Daddy's voice within the first 20 minutes of his life-- That made Chris's year I think! We have had tons of help from friends and family (Thank you!) so we have been able to keep relatively sane.







Proud Grandpa (Papa Randy)








Jonathan is getting so much stronger and bigger! The other day he was on Chris's chest and lifted his head up for quite a while just to get a better look at Daddy's very interesting face! He has already put on a pound (up to 8lbs 2oz now) and has no intention of slowing down!






Aren't they cute together?








He is currently sleeping in his car seat at all times because he has an aversion to laying flat on his back. For now we are just saying "Whatever works!" and we will solve the problem of getting him to sleep like a normal person farther on down the road.







Ahh, this is cozy!







Overall I would have to say this whole Mom thing is hard but SO SO SO worth it!

No comments: