Wednesday, August 20, 2008

June California Trip

As most of you know, we have been out of town more often than not this summer. Here are some pics from the first trip. J and I flew to CA to help my grandmother pick out some dresses for 2 family weddings this summer. She had never had a beautiful dress so she was as excited as Cinderella going to the ball! If also made for some hilarious moments as she tried on dresses literally twice her size, just so we could see if we liked the colors! She is such a good sport! Anyway, no visit to CA is complete without a trip to the beach. It took J awhile to warm up to the sound of the waves (plus it was cold), but he eventually did. It helped that I had a ball for him to toss around. Anyway, enjoy the pics and I will be posting our CO, Chicago and 2nd CA trip pics soon! (And Chris' 30th birthday, J's 2nd birthday and anything else I missed posting in this chaotic summer!)

This is my airport-by-myself contraption. Car seat nestled in the umbrella stroller with all the bags hanging off the back. He had the best seat in the house, but the disassembly of it for the x-ray machines was a little unnerving. He learned that a pilot says "I'm ready!" and "Let's go!" as we watched them prep the plane for take off. I don't know if that's really what pilots say, but he thought it sounded good!


First taste of airport food. What do you think he thinks of it? (BTW, Sky Harbor gets major kudos for having kid friendly tables and cartoons playing in the terminals.)


Definitely the best seat in the house. I was surprised he kept the headphones in.


My brother keeps complaining that I only get J ride on toys that don't steer, so my mom surprised him with this one when we arrived in CA. He loved it! (Apparently grandsons have cars on the carpet privileges -- she would have killed me for this when I was little!)


The bike. Ones purchased in CA apparently come equipped with attitude standard. (Check out J's hand. Is he flashing a 2 year old's gang sign?!?!)


Boys must be genetically encoded with this "Are we done shopping, yet?" face.


Granny keeping him entertained at David's Bridal. Those are wikki sticks they are using as swords!


The beach wasn't really this peaceful or empty, but I love this shot. Seconds later he was chasing the bird at Granny's urging. (Thanks, Mom!) :รพ


This photo is appropriately titled "Want some, Mom?"


My parents have this local BBQ place with peanuts on the floor. My meticulous child could not understand why the floor was covered and kept commenting "Ooh, mess! Oh, no!" As you can see, he got over it by the end of the night. He and my dad had fun running and stomping on the peanut shells together.

No comments: